Senior Innovation Solutions Engineer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of RichmondWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Are you passionate about understanding the needs of customers and delivering innovative products and services that meet those needs? Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
Do you get excited about solving gnarly problems? Are you an early adopter of emerging tech and always looking for ways to use technology to improve your day-to-day life? Do you get energized by affecting change across an organization? The Federal Reserve’s System Innovation Office is looking for a Technology Strategist who answers yes to those questions!
The Federal Reserve’s System Innovation Office is a trusted strategic partner, working with both business and tech stakeholders to find innovative ways to deliver business value. We ship business and technology products with agility and quality, enhance the productivity of our employees through digital ways of working, and enable rich data-driven insights and advanced analytics. We are looking for an Technology strategist to join our team and drive innovation, shape our technology roadmap and help us stay at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work remotely and report to the VP of System Innovation, exploring technical solutions to solve business problems, assessing potential impact, and enabling our product teams to deliver on their goals. You will design various levels of complex frameworks to support systemwide technical and business requirements. You will resolve design weaknesses and work with management in carrying out strategic initiatives focused on designing, developing, and synchronizing strategic technological directives and implementation recommendations.
What You Will Do:
- Directs major, critical, and emerging technology studies. Assess merit and impact, designs and develops architecture standards.
- Develop a roadmap that outlines opportunities for technology-driven innovation and growth and prioritize based on strategic importance and resource availability.
- Consult on architectural discussions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with clients and other resources in detecting critical infrastructure gaps, deficiencies, and risks.
- Recommend and implement solutions for improvement and risk mitigation.
- Initiate and oversee project development, system design/testing, requirement direction, and investigation of alternatives for implementation of new technology.
- Provide important consultative leadership on System projects focused on development and implementation of strategic technology.
- Provide strategic foresight and long-term development planning for future technology affecting the Federal Reserve System.
- Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to principles in business, application, data, emerging technologies, and technology strategy.
- Demonstrate creative solutions with a focus on compliance, develop communications, and recommend improvements. Represent information in all settings in a credible and influential manner. Communicate in a concise, direct, and purposeful way. Customer-centric mindset and demonstrated ability to interact with all audiences in a collaborative manner.
- Risk Management: Able to understand and apply risk management discipline in decision-making and contributing to your organization’s risk management activities.
- Decision-making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general direction as to scope or objectives. Achieve targets by actions based on professional methods, training, and practical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 10+ years of relevant work experience in a complex technology organization
- Master’s Degree preferred
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify email@example.com.
- Employees who work at and/or visit another Federal Reserve entity or outside business as part of their job duties are required to comply with any onsite safety and health protocols of those organizations (including, but not limited to, requirements to vaccinate or test, mask, social distance, etc.)
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
- The national hiring range for the Senior Innovation Solutions Engineer is $130,400-$179,300 annually. For candidates in certain markets (Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; New York City Metro Area, Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA), the listed hiring and salary ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by February 19, 2024.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.