Business Economist or Sr. Business Economist
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Business Economist or Senior Business Economist to be part of the regional economics group, with a background in economic analysis and the ability to synthesize data in order to write and speak on economic conditions.
- Track and analyze the regional economy, a role which includes researching, writing and speaking on current economic conditions in the Eleventh Federal Reserve District.
- Analyze and manipulate data, a role which may include forecasting and implementing other econometric tools.
- Conduct research under the guidance of and in collaboration with other economists to write blogs, articles, and working papers to be published in Bank or outside professional publications.
- Represent the Bank in public speaking engagements and Federal Reserve System committee activities; respond to outside inquiries and information requests in your area of expertise as needed.
- Maintain extensive knowledge, theoretical and practical, in field of expertise; continually enhance professional development; attend and participate in conferences and seminars.
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience relevant to economic analysis
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to give presentations at public events and respond to media inquiries, as well as convey information to the Bank president and other leaders.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.