Lead Cloud Solution Architect
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWhen you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to foster an inclusive economy that works for everyone. From data-driven insights to cloud transformation, the information technology team moves the SF Fed forward. We use innovative technologies and Agile methods to positively impact every American across the communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for a Lead Solutions Architect to join the Data and Analytics Services (DAS) Team. We empower the Federal Reserve business functions with top-grade data driven insights, enabling them to leverage data as a strategic asset by employing modern cloud data and analytical solutions including AI/ML & GenAI. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team on the leading edge of data management and consumption to drive solution architecture for multiple data and AI products. This requires collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams in a complex environment adopting Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), applying product thinking to accelerate business value.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
- Design secure and reliable data/AI solutions for multiple business domains on AWS Cloud
- Ensure required architecture runway, aligning to business product roadmaps, partnering with other architects and system stakeholders
- Lead technical discussions, provide architectural guidance, and influence technology decisions
- Drive Proof of Concept (PoC) works, which may involve hands-on development, while keeping up with relevant new technologies
- Ensure data quality, security, and compliance; support information security risk assessments
- Support multiple product teams through infrastructure build, solution delivery and operations, leading troubleshoot of technical issues, as needed
- Lead architecture/design/code reviews, define and monitor best practices and provide guidance
- Mentor staff transitioning to Cloud data engineering and drive internal knowledge sharing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and 10+ years of experience in data engineering, data science, and software engineering
- Thorough knowledge and experience across data engineering, data modeling, data governance
- Experience developing and driving solution architecture for large scale business solutions on AWS with an understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- General understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and controls as it applies to the application and data space to design solutions in a highly regulated GovCloud environment
- Thorough understanding of the AWS security architecture to enable design of solutions and integrations with least privileges across services, resources and data
- Thorough understanding of the architecture patterns related to Single SignOn (SSO), Federated and Multi-Factor Authentications across various services/clouds using Okta and other providers
- Ability to design CI/CD pipelines with clear understanding of DevSecOps, Threat modeling concepts and be able to provide resolutions to vulnerabilities reported by the security scans
- Solid hands-on software engineering skills with object-oriented and functional programming languages (esp. Python, Scala, Java) along with SQL and no-SQL database experience as well as Infrastructure as a Code (IAC, preferable Terraform)Ability to design solutions that can perform real-time, large-scale data processing in a distributed environment using Apache Spark using PySpark or other
- Understanding of AI/ML platforms and data requirements to facilitate development and deployment of AI/ML models
- High level understanding of the network concepts including VPCs, subnets, security groups, routing tables, ACLs etc
- Should be conversant with most these AWS services: S3, Glue, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Secrets Manager, KMS, EC2, Athena, RedShift, Aurora, DynamoDB, QuickSight
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
- Experience migrating complex on-prem traditional data products to the Cloud
- Experience with any of these - DataBricks, Collibra, Alteryx, Starburst, Immuta, Domino labs
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or DataBricks Solutions Architect
Base Salary Range: Min: $155,700 - Mid: $202,200 - Max: $248,700 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.