Desktop Support Technician
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to support our District's desktop computing environment. Reporting to a Manager, you will maintain end user technology and unique/special purpose technologies, resolve incidents within defined Service Level Agreements, troubleshoot and fix endpoint technical issues, assure remote employee technologies are deployed and District contingency technologies are functional and available for use.
- Investigate and resolve Tier II/III issues assigned by National Service Desk affecting users at the main branch, geographically separated locations, or working remotely.
- Ensure efficient delivery of requested technology assets: Build/configure and deploy client workstations and mobile devices, such as MiFi's and iPads/iPhones, in both Windows and Mac environment.
- Coordinate with National IT group to manage and coordinate operations, changes, and applications in the Mac environment (and applications).
- Identify, diagnose, prioritize, respond, and solve IT problems (networking, telephony, infrastructure, and specialized technologies) to maintain operations.
- Contribute to technology oversight activities: Maintain software and assist desktop administrators with packaging and configuring software. Administer self-audits to diagnose and resolve security and compliance related issues.
- Coordinate with Asset Management and ensure accurate status records for District technology assets (hardware and software).
- Improve operational efficiency (e.g., maintain incident and request documentation, serve as escalation contact, administer on-call notification system).
- Bachelor's degree with major or specialized courses in: Information Technology, Business Administration or similar fields of study or commensurate experience.
- Interest in a desktop computing support environment.
- Experience with technical components and their underlying support components such as: MacOS, Windows, Microsoft Office (365 and 2019), VPN, Symantec Antivirus, Active Directory, Remote Assistant, SMS, iPhone/iPad, Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, and general browser-based technology.
- The following certifications are helpful: ITIL Foundations, A+, Network+, MCDST, Virtual Systems, Cloud Workspaces, Mobile Device Management (MS InTune, AirWatch), JAMf, SCCM.
- Experience with hybrid conference room equipment such as Surface Hub and Flex Teams Room, IoT devices, and virtualization helpful.
- Travel (5%).
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $62,000 - $70,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
Generous paid time off
Flexible on-site work arrangements
Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
Top-notch health care benefits
Child and family care leave
Professional development opportunities
At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, we believe the Federal Reserve most effectively serves the American public by building a more diverse and inclusive economy. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion, at all levels of the organization, has been one of our core values for many years and remains strong as we continue enhancing our efforts. Learn more about Bank’s culture.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.