Summer 2024 Intern - Community Banking Organizations
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
ABOUT THE DALLAS FED:
At the Dallas Fed we serve the public by partnering with communities and businesses, promoting jobs and stable prices, and keeping your money safe and available. We welcome different perspectives, ideas, and experiences, and are committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture. As part of the nation’s central bank, we are committed to improving the economy and our communities. Are you ready to make a difference?
Learn more about the Dallas Fed: www.dallasfed.org/fed.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We offer paid, full-time summer internships for many majors, with fulfilling work and opportunities to grow. To help launch your career, we provide dedicated staff mentors. You’ll also learn from senior leaders and industry experts. As part of the Federal Reserve System, you’ll be connected to a professional network that spans the nation. You will begin in early June and will be based in the Dallas or Houston office.
Learn more about our internship program: www.dallasfed.org/internships.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
The Community Banking Organizations/Foreign Banking Organizations (CBO/FBO) unit within the Banking Supervision Department is responsible for supervising banking organizations with total assets of $10 billion or less and FBOs operating in the 11th District. CBO/FBO examiners participate on a myriad of assignments, including Safety and Soundness examinations, bank holding company inspections, surveillance activities, and various other projects. As an intern in Banking Supervision, you will regularly apply problem solving, analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills. In addition, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of bank regulation and learn new skills in a team environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Performing financial analysis as part of our continuous monitoring program
- Reconciling regulatory reports through participation on Safety and Soundness examinations
- Reviewing adequacy of corrective actions taken in response to exam findings
- Work with department management on various special projects and other time-sensitive assignments
- Assist in carrying out various department programs, processes, and procedures
- Participate in meetings and attend trainings as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Student must be entering junior or senior year and pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Experience in accounting, audit, or banking
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of the Federal Reserve and commercial banking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work in groups
- Ability to take direction and deliver quality work products in an efficient manner
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements
- Flexible hours
- Professional development opportunities
- Broader networking opportunities across District
- Downtown location with free parking
- 24/7 on-site fitness center (Houston, Dallas)
- On-site café and coffee shop
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (40 hours/ week). Some additional hours may be required
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
If you need special accommodations during your interview process, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.