Manager, Project Management
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaAs an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
We are a dynamic hybrid workplace.
Initiates, manages, and leads multiple projects and initiatives at the District and/or System level to achieve business strategies and direction. Manages a team of project managers in the successful implementation planning, solution preparation, delivery, and measurement of initiatives that are complex and strategic in nature. Works with project managers to define project goals and design the appropriate communications, learning, business process model, and/or timing/bundling for implementation. Assists or determines size, scope, impacts, risk, budget, and strategy for initiatives that are Bank-wide and have substantial impact to bottom line. Provides requirements, tools, direction, and oversight to ensure standards are met. Position is typically used in the following business areas: Facilities, Retail Payments Office (RPO), and function offices.
- Oversees establishment of appropriate implementation strategy to include planning, designing communications, training development, implementation budgeting, delivery methods, and/or timing/bundling moderate to complex initiatives.
- Responsible for the success of projects on a System or Bank-wide scale from initiation to completion, managing multiple projects with accountability for managing, monitoring performance, recommending schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions and ensuring timely completion of project deliverables.
- Directly manages project team in execution of project deliverables. Confers with and advises team participants on policies and procedures, priorities and methods. Consults with personnel in other business areas to coordinate activities.
- Manages projects by outlining project requirements in terms of resources, equipment, time and costs. Responsible for development of business requirements and overall project plans. Assigns small scope projects to Project Managers as appropriate and monitors their progress. Communicates project progress, findings, output and deployment plans to leadership and all constituents.
- Chairs or provides leadership to System work groups and staff throughout the System to foster communication and sharing of best practices. Includes coordinating with internal and external resources for the planning, development and implementation of new services or enhancements to existing services.
- Manages, coaches, develops department staff, and provides feedback on performance, assigns work, and recommends personnel actions.
- Manages and directs contractors, consultants and vendors and manages ongoing relationships.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent experience
- Five to Eight years
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Project Management Methodologies
- Budget/Financial Reporting/Analysis
- Staff Management
- Microsoft Office Applications (Project, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PMP certification preferred
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Managerial Courage
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Communicate Effectively
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.