Business Partnership Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaServes as a liaison between the Supervision and Regulation (S&R) analytics team, S&R business line stakeholders, and other Bank divisions. Has significant knowledge and subject matter expertise pertaining to IT and willingness to develop knowledge of S&R processes. Develops strong relationships and consults with S&R business line stakeholders to understand their business environment and provide proactive, strategic business/analytical consultations and solutions. Evaluates opportunities for efficient product delivery by identifying similar needs and requests across S&R business lines. Provides intake support by prioritizing requests and managing progression through the product management lifecycle. Serves as a communication channel between S&R business line leadership and Business Technology & Security (BTS) division regarding activities that may impact the business area and/or IT. Participates in customer engagement and user experience activities, including User Acceptance Testing. Conducts research on new and innovative technologies and supports the S&R Innovation Liaison group.
- Partners with S&R business leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities. Advises on options, risks, cost versus benefit, and impacts on products, business processes, and system priorities. Communicates the roadmap priorities to BTS counterparts on a regular basis.
- Manages S&R stakeholder relationship and supports the S&R Innovation Liaison group. Serves as a liaison between S&R business users and other business units; partners with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, prioritizes them on potential business value and impact; develops business requirements/ acceptance criteria, answers questions about the prioritized requests and provides feedback to BTS IT solution delivery team on completed work; facilitates demos and coordinates User Acceptance testing with S&R business users.
- Develops a strong understanding of information systems, business processes, and analytical capabilities. Understands strategic initiatives of local business areas, their business process improvement needs, major issues and concerns and build relationships that deliver business impact.
- Facilitates the ideation stage in the request intake process. Ensures that requests for analytics/business solutions are effectively documented, communicated, tracked, reported, and escalated. Collaborates with applications service delivery teams, data scientists, architects, infrastructure/operations, and information security to identify and translate business requirements into IT value proposition utilizing agile methodology to deliver value in a cost-effective manner.
- Engages in Voice of Customer activities with the business users throughout the product lifecycle and turns the feedback into actionable recommendations; exhibits a customer-centric mindset.
- Acts as an advocate for and advances the business line knowledge of IT processes, frameworks, roles, and capabilities by communicating, explaining, and advising on the availability of business solutions/analytical tools . Identifies business capability and IT service gaps and contributes to improvement efforts.
- Acts as a change agent, promotes innovation and continuous improvement throughout the organization and uses it strategically to inform and serve business strategy.
- Ensures planned activities by BTS are effectively coordinated and communicated to S&R division users. Provide quarterly updates to S&R leadership on completed/in-progress roadmap priorities.
- Maintains S&R inventory for business solutions/analytical tools.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent experience, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience preferred
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Business Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- User Experience
- Product Management
- Business Analysis/ Requirements gathering
- Information Technology
- Agile Project Management Methodology
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Microsoft 365 / Teams
- Business Relationship Manager Professional preferred
- Agile Product Owner preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.