Senior AWS Cloud Developer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
The Enterprise Platforms and Capabilities (EPC) Technology Group function provides leadership to promote innovation and maturity of software development in support of the product and enterprise platform delivery teams for the NY Fed.
EPC is comprised of Enterprise Data Platforms and Enterprise Platforms divisions. The Enterprise Platforms division supports the Bank’s mission-oriented business groups and enabling functions by providing solution development on key Enterprise Platforms. Our enterprise platforms division enables key business capabilities including content management, constituent relationship management, workflow management, and governance and risk compliance. Our data platforms division enables delivery of enterprise data capabilities supporting our data strategy, including data management and analytics offerings. All our platform teams (also known as product squads) operate in an agile operating environment where DevSecOps principles promote collaboration across the business and various technical teams to deliver the highest business value. Our teams are focused on increasing speed to market while continuously improving quality, security, and resiliency.
Your role as a Senior AWS Cloud Developer:
- Work on migrating applications from an on-premises location to the cloud service providers.
- Develop products and services on the latest technologies through contributions in development, enhancements, testing and implementation.
- Develop, modify, extend code for building cloud infrastructure, and automate using CI/CD pipeline.
- Partners with business and peers in the pursuit of solutions that achieve business goals through an agile software development methodology.
- Perform problem analysis, data analysis, reporting, and communication.
- Work with peers across the system to define and implement best practices and standards.
- Assess applications and help determine the appropriate application infrastructure patterns.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external drivers to improve products or services.
What we are looking for:
- Hands-on experience in building/implementing cloud platforms/applications on AWS platform.
- Expertise in AWS Compute (EC2, EMR), AWS Storage (S3, EBS), AWS Databases (RDS, DynamoDB), AWS Data Integration (Glue).
- Advanced understanding of Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and services.
- Good understanding of AWS Identify and Access management, AWS Networking and AWS Monitoring tools.
- Proficiency in CI/CD and deployment automation using GITLAB pipeline.
- Proficiency in Cloud infrastructure provisioning tools e.g., Terraform.
- Strong technical skill in software engineering for Java EE /Cloud technologies and proficiency in Java Lambdas, Java Streams API, Java functional programming.
- Hands-on experience of building distributed system with micro-services, Spring boot and Spring cloud.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages e.g., Python, Scala.
Salary Range: $140000 - $230300 / year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Our Touchstone Behaviors—Communicate Authentically, Collaborate Inclusively, Drive Progress, Develop Others, and Take Ownership—help shape the culture of the Bank. They also provide a shared language for how we work together and achieve success, and they set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of your career with us. Learn more.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
Subsidized Public Transportation Program
Tuition Assistance Program
Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
This position requires access to certain sensitive information and is therefore limited to individuals who are U.S. Citizens or lawful permanent resident aliens and who must undergo a separate background screening.
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.