Sr Enterprise Architect
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaAs an employee of the Atlanta Fed, you will help support our mission of promoting the stability and efficiency of the U.S. economy and financial system. Your work will affect the economy of the Southeast, the United States, and the world. The work we do here is important, and how we do it is just as important as what we do. We live our values of integrity, excellence, and respect every day. We do the right thing, we do things right, and we treat people right. A career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta gives you the chance to do work that touches lives and helps communities prosper.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
We offer a dynamic hybrid work environment located in Midtown Atlanta.
Plays a key role in setting technology strategy, supporting reference architecture, and design and product patterns. Participates in the IT strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, business cases and business innovation portfolio development. Leads and coordinates multiple technical domains and business processes, relative to architecture direction. Plans, leads, and coordinates the development and implementation of multiple, highly technical, and complex solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes and standards. Leads, research, evaluates, and recommends new technologies and software development prototypes for inclusion in IT strategies and roadmaps. Collaborates locally and across the organization with peer groups in support of the overall mission and vision of the organization. Has a strong holistic end-to-end understanding of industry-standard architecture frameworks, including fundamentals in solution, technology, data, security, and cloud architectures. Showcases thought leadership and strong communication capabilities with all levels within the organization. Provides technical consultation to automation staff and business areas.
- Participates in IT strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, business cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Leads and coordinates domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction.
- Develops business case(s) for approval.
- Recommends allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives.
- Develops, and communicates domain-wide policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Leads and facilitates domain architecture governance processes.
- Reviews and approves domain level recommendations to architectural standards Consults on enterprise-facing projects.
- Leads research and evaluation activities for technology solutions.
- Identifies organizational requirements for the resources, structures, and cultural changes, necessary to support organizational change management initiatives.
- Assists in program to develop, maintain, and govern the architecture across the organization.
- Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural and technology engagements.
- Viewed as an expert and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
- Participates in technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction.
- Drives technology improvements within the sphere of influence and complexity levels.
- Analyzes, designs, and develops roadmap and implementation plans.
- Meets with IT teams to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Performs architectural evaluations and supports the development of prototypes to determine the feasibility and viability of solutions.
- Participates in developing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Analyzes current architectures to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry, and market trends.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities.
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others.
- Partners with other functions across the Division and System IT partners to ensure collaboration, consistency, quality and timeliness of solution.
- Identifies opportunities for reuse.
- Working knowledge of more than one design methodology and framework and at least one Architecture discipline that is considered to be at the level of a subject matter expert.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience
Five to eight years
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Architecture Principles, Maturity & Business Process Models
- Strategic Thinking
- Emerging Technologies
- Architecture Frameworks and Methodologies
- Business Process Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Architecture Certifications in Technology Domains and the Cloud
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.