Project Analyst II
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
The Bank’s Project Management Office currently has an opening for a Project Analyst II. You will be responsible for supporting department initiatives to ensure continuous improvement of the business practices at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. The Project Analyst will provide administrative, logistical and analytical support to the Project Management Office focusing on enhancing the overall processes, planning, execution and results of projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate the Investment Review Committee (IRC) project submission cycle and support the IRC Support team which consists of subject matter experts related to reviewing projects (Budget, Accounting, and Procurement).
- Coordinate with support team to ensure accuracy of project reports and compliance with Bank policies.
- Review IRC project proposals for completeness and analyze for appropriate-ness and accuracy.
- Provide primary coordination of the monthly monitoring process for current IRC projects and critical initiatives, including facilitating updates with project managers, asking detailed project questions, reviewing with appropriate staff, and compiling the monthly updates.
- Ensure reporting to senior management is accurate, timely, and consistent.
- Help design, implement, and maintain a standard approach to project/program management guidelines and serve as a change agent for continuous improvement in project/program management practices.
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to support the Bank’s project managers and drive the development and application of project management methodology and culture.
- Help ensure that Bank project/program management processes and tools are suitable to deliver results predictably and effectively at the project and program level.
- Perform research on emerging or evolving project/program management trends both in the System and in the industry with moderate supervision.
- Maintain PMO project artifact templates such as charters, risk registers, etc.
- Host and facilitate funding meetings, lessons learned sessions and periodic training sessions with project managers.
- Create and maintain electronic forums for creating, collecting, organizing and sharing project information with stakeholders and senior management.
- Facilitate communication among the team including tracking and monitoring action items and deliverables.
- Provide support to project managers to evaluate project/program readiness, conduct project/program health reviews and assessments, and assist with compliance and adherence reviews.
- Develop partnership with project managers and leadership to help ensure successful delivery of projects through adherence to processes and tools.
- Participate in System workgroups related to project and program management.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in Project Management, Business, or related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in the area of project management or related discipline.
- Basic to intermediate experience with understanding and applying project management concepts and disciplines.
- Experience effectively preparing, conducting, participating in and following up on business meetings.
- Experience with researching topics and gathering data.
- Intermediate experience in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and able to quickly learn new technical concepts.
- Must be action-oriented and have demonstrated initiative in completing and taking on new assignments.
- Knowledge and ability to use and administer company technology practices, standards and procedures.
- Experience with Federal Reserve system projects or work teams a plus.
- Experience with creating and/or maintaining electronic collaboration resources a plus.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) a plus.
- Knowledge of Project Management body of Knowledge (PMBOK) concepts and principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Federal Reserve System Technology Project Standards is a plus.
- Basic understanding or experience with budget and accounting principles is a plus.
- Experience managing projects related to construction, facilities management, technology solutions, and cloud applications is a plus.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S and the role is not available for sponsorship.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.