IT SOX Audit Professional
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
What we do:
Technology Group Process, Risk and Control serves the primary Technology Risk, Control and Process team for the Technology Group (TG). It oversees technology risk and compliance efforts, process management, among other core areas that underpin TG’s success. Their guiding principle is to run the business of the TG efficiently and effectively.
Your role as an IT SOX Audit Professional:
- The Technology Control Specialist will execute IT focused control testing for the Markets and Technology Groups.
- Manage SOX IT efforts including understanding and evaluating IT processes risks, and controls, enhance and executing ITGC testing.
- Execute IT Control testing and SOX IT General Controls testing, and document test work performed, root cause analysis, summarize test results, and conclusion within workpapers.
- Assist with evaluation of IT related risks and processes across various areas of the bank as needed.
- Support technology compliance risk assessments and issue and response management monitoring.
- Perform independent application-level control testing and report results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Build subject matter expertise in Technology Group services, core Banking services, FRS partner organizations services, and other external organization services with an impact to the Bank.
- Build strong relationships with technology subject matter experts within TG, core Bank groups, and other FRS partner organizations.
What we are looking for:
- 3 plus years of Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent industry IT audit experience.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements.
- Experience in auditing IT SOX controls.
- Solid understanding of the following: knowledge of a variety of IT network platforms (distributed, cloud, mobile) and data platforms.
- Proven track record for influencing stakeholders, driving buy-in and consensus, and developing effective cross-team communication.
- Strong ability to plan and conduct all phases of information technology examination independently or as a team member.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience (technology, technology risk, technology audit, exposure to complex technology systems and processes, leadership of technology control environment, etc.)
- CPA, or CIA certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred)
- Work without close supervision in executing somewhat complex tasks.
- Ability to build strong relationships across teams / disciplines.
- Manage multiple priorities and adjusts to changing priorities with minimal direction.
- Strong communication skills, including communication of technical information for business audiences to all levels.
Salary Range: $148200 - $201500/ year
We believe in transparency at the NY Fed. This salary range reflects a variety of skills and experiences candidates may bring to the job. We pay individuals along this range based on their unique backgrounds. Whether you’re stretching into the job or are a more seasoned candidate, we aim to pay competitively for your contributions.
Touchstone Behaviors set clear expectations for leading with impact at every stage of our careers and aspire to achieve in our continued growth and development.
Communicate Authentically: Empathetically engage one another with direct and transparent dialogue and listening. Actively discuss viewpoints with respect and compassion in a timely and candid manner, taking into account verbal and nonverbal cues. Ask questions, learn from each other, and share information widely to move the Bank's work forward.
Collaborate Inclusively: Inspire a diverse and inclusive environment that empowers others to contribute meaningfully. Intentionally bring a diverse set of people together to achieve positive business results.
Drive Progress: Grow and adapt to changing priorities in the Bank. Experiment with new concepts and take appropriate risk to drive innovation. Remain curious and action oriented, navigating through ambiguity and uncertainty to drive outcomes.
Develop Others: Equitably champion, mentor, and develop others to grow professionally. Demonstrate vulnerability and empathy to create a trusted environment.
Take Ownership: Establish an environment of action and excellence by holding self and others accountable to execute to the highest standard.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more
The New York Fed expects its employees to perform their duties with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, and without improper preferential treatment of any person. Learn more about our code of conduct and conflicts of interest rules.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryRisk Management
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.