Business Analyst - Stress Testing National Program
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of MinneapolisThe Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is seeking a business support professional with a technical aptitude to fill a business analyst position in the Operations Group of the Stress Testing National Program. In this role, the business analyst will help implement and integrate information security and technology into business processes such as access management and provisioning, information security compliance, on/off-boarding staff, product management, robotic process automation, security review analysis and assessment, and more. The preferred candidate will also have experience maintaining SharePoint sites, developing SharePoint workflows, developing Tableau dashboards, and working with Office365 Power Platform tools.
The Stress Testing Program assesses whether U.S. bank holding companies (BHCs), covered savings and loan holding companies (SLHCs), and intermediate holding companies of foreign banking organizations (IHCs) with $100 billion or more in assets (together, referred to as “large banks”) are sufficiently capitalized to absorb losses and continue lending to households and businesses under stressful conditions. The stress tests evaluate the resilience of large banks by estimating their losses, revenues, expenses and resulting capital levels—which provide a cushion against losses—under hypothetical recession scenarios into the future.
- Plays a critical role as a security liaison to on/off-board staff, provision user access, and complete various compliance activities (e.g., system reviews, user access reviews, etc.)
- Collaborates closely with internal stakeholders and coordinates with Board of Governors Information Security, FRB Minneapolis Information Security and National IT to successfully complete various deliverables and assist with compliance efforts.
- Provides support for SharePoint Online and other O365 applications. May assist in formulating and defining low-code/no-code computer systems scope and objectives through research and analysis of the department business systems and industry requirements.
- Responds to requests for information surrounding topics highlighted above; assists with troubleshooting technical problems and issues.
- Provides analytic and project support for business planning, strategic local and system initiatives, and technical oriented efforts.
- Creates and revises operating procedures; defines processes and delivers training to users.
- Exhibits effective problem-solving and communication stills.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of higher education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or related field, preferred.
- For BA Level II: minimum of 4 years’ experience in a business analytics and/or information technology environment, or equivalent combination of related higher education and experience preferred.
- For BA Level III: minimum of 6 years’ experience in a business analytics and/or information technology environment, or equivalent combination of related higher education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, data management, and process improvement experience.
- Office 365 experience required.
- SharePoint and/or Power Apps experience, highly preferred.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment, healthy workflow
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training, and conferences
- And more...
The Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
*This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo applicable background checks and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
*The Bank believes in flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also recognizing the necessity of connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Onsite work is an essential function of this position, and you are expected to be in the office 3 days per week for meetings and team collaboration.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.