Senior Software Engineer
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, AWS. You will report to a Manager and will be responsible to design, test and implement Java-based web applications to the AWS cloud, using industry standard software development practices and tools in an agile software development environment.
- Understand current infrastructure and stack to employ best cloud solutions. Design cost-effective migration strategies, taking advantage of cloud services.
- Work with infrastructure and engineering teams to migrate portfolio applications to cloud services.
- Conduct analysis, testing, updating, and debugging, identifying bottlenecks and bugs in the system and develop solutions.
- Translate complex application stories, use cases, and business concept designs into functional, dynamic applications.
- Develop reusable and scalable code using industry standard software development practices, techniques, tools, and frameworks.
- Work with cross functional teams, integrate solutions, and handle data conversions and migrations.
- Be a technology leader and foster a learning and innovation culture within the Information Technology Division and across the Federal Reserve System
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Understand current infrastructure and stack to employ best cloud solutions.
- Expertise with Java and Java EE technologies.
- Experience with Spring Projects such as Spring Boot, SpringMVC, Spring Data.
- Familiarity with Industry cloud implementation and software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated familiarity with some of the following technologies on a Cloud platform: cloud native services, Infrastructure as Code, TypeScript, Python, Java and PostgreSQL.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Maven, Nexus, Fortify, Sonar, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- US Citizen.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at a lower job grade or salary.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $130,000 - $157,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.