Law Enforcement K-9 Handler
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaWorks with assigned K-9 to protect and safeguard the premises, property, personnel, and operations of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. As a K-9 team, responds to incidents on Bank property, provides emergency services and explosive detection capability. This position is an essential function of the Bank, and the incumbent may be required to work nights, weekends, holidays or extended hours during emergency or crisis situations.
- Maintains designation required to operate as a law enforcement officer pursuant to the authority given the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act and the Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers. Meets minimum requirements of all department standards and training requirements.
- Operates as a law enforcement K-9 handler to provide explosives detection screening of all Federal Reserve deliveries, vehicles entering upon or adjacent to Bank property, sites of special events on Bank property, and routinely patrols Bank property and grounds. Responds to special requests for explosive detection based on unusual or suspicious circumstances.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for self and K-9 in explosive detection in accordance with applicable laws and Federal Reserve policy. Responsible for all maintenance, care, handling and training of assignedK-9.
- Maintains proficiency in all aspects of key responsibilities such as: operating policies, weapons (lethal and non-lethal), use of force applications, physical security equipment, first aid and CPR/AED, firefighting techniques, civil disorders, and public relations. Responds to alarms, accidents, and incidents, accurately report associated facts in writing, and performs follow up duties as directed. Must exhibit reasonable judgment over life safety issues, the discrete handling of detected weapons and/or explosive devices and the proper handling of sensitive information and incidents. Could be required to testify in court in response to a subpoena regarding accidents or incidents.
- Maintains proficiency in use of computer and related software, computerized access and control systems, video surveillance equipment, x-ray and metal screening equipment and various alarm systems.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technological developments in the K-9 and Law Enforcement field.
- Performs additional duties in support of law enforcement operations as directed by management.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate degree or 2 years of experience preferred
- Two years prior law enforcement or 2 years of K-9 experience preferred
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- Basic Law Enforcement
- Security Systems
- Microsoft applications
- K9 Training Application
- Basic Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer Course
- K9 Handler Course
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Communicates Effectively
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryLaw Enforcement/Protection/Security
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.