2024 Cash Services (Next Gen) Summer Internship
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoFederal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Our Bank is responsible for satisfying fluctuating demand for currency and coin
throughout the nine western states that we serve. This responsibility resides with
our five cash offices that provide core cash operations. Our cash offices rely on
Cash Support to provide innovative solutions, data analytics, project
management support, business continuity preparedness, compliance,
communications, and budget analysis. This support is achieved through Cash
Support’s Innovation + Data Analytics and Operations teams.
Generally, under the guidance of senior team members, responsibilities may include:
• Manage circulated currency and coin, which includes reporting on actual receipts and payments as well as projections of potential impact that includes market intelligence gathered and shared by cash offices.
• Participating in research and development initiatives to best utilize data sources and emerging technologies.
• Support ad hoc tasks or projects that require critical thinking and effective communication (both verbal and written).
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency.
• Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing in a U.S. community college or university program.
• Available to work in a hybrid work environment Ability to work 40 hours week throughout the duration of the approximately 10 - week internship program.
• Familiarity with economic concepts.
• Strong critical thinking, data analysis, and written and oral communication skills; Demonstrated proficiency in manipulating and presenting data and analyses in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; • Ability to work independently and with a team – must prioritize and balance multiple projects; and
• Effective interpersonal and behavioral competencies, including collaboration, innovation, and leadership.
• Experience in or capabilities for learning SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau.
• Data visualization techniques; and
• Affinity for Public Service.
Hourly Range: Min: $22.00 - Mid: $24.00 - Max: $28.00 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Time / Part TimePart time
Regular / TemporaryTemporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.