Commissioned Bank Examiner, Consumer Affairs - St. Louis, MO
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisOur Consumer Affairs team is looking for commissioned Bank Examiners to join the unit. You will evaluate the degree to which banking organizations are complying with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. You would work onsite in the St. Louis office and report to a Supervisory Examiner.
An examiner commission is required.
You will travel approximately 50 days per year, averaging 20-30% of work days. It includes overnight stays - mostly by car/van, but some air travel may be involved as well. The St Louis Fed diligently works to provide a positive Work / Life Balance through flexible scheduling, a flexible or compressed work schedule, and periodic work from home opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the banking industry and the operations of a typical financial institution
- Lead teams to complete consumer compliance and Community Reinvestment Act examinations.
- Assess compliance with fair lending, lending, deposit, and multiple other consumer protection laws and regulations
- Document findings on examination through work-papers and reports of examination to be issued to the bank and general public.
- Establish supervisory relationships with financial institution representatives at all levels.
The Reserve Bank is looking for a varied skillset which could include a mixture of job experience, an ability to conduct analyses in a business environment, and a desire to excel and grow. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience working in a professional setting, working with teams, and in defined reporting structures.
- Examiner commission is REQUIRED.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and conflict resolution.
- Travel (20-30%, 4-5 days per month)
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
You must undergo a background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.