Consumer Affairs Analyst
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis offers individuals the opportunity to be part of an exciting organization that is Central to America's Economy. Our work is stimulating, and our atmosphere is, informal and supportive. We have an opening in our Consumer Affairs unit which ensures member banks' compliance with consumer protection laws and Community Reinvestment Act performance.
The Consumer Affairs Analyst will provide analytical and logistical support to Consumer Affairs bank examiners and management team. You will provide examination and ongoing monitoring information for examiners and member banks to be used in the execution of a portfolio of Consumer Affairs and CRA examinations. Your work is important to ensuring the ability of examination staff to conduct examinations before they take place.
You will report to a Supervisory Examiner and work on-site in the St. Louis or Little Rock office.
- Independently manage the coordination of Consumer Compliance examination activities by working with multiple stakeholders including examiners and senior management at both the Reserve Bank and state member banks.
- Coordinate offsite technology and equipment needs between Division Support, local IT, system IT, and examination staff to ensure execution of exam activities.
- Participate in the Consumer Compliance Examiner commissioning program which included on the job training on select examination assignments.
- Monitor and report on the status of open supervisory actions including managing entries, reporting late actions on a monthly basis, and following up with examination staff to ensure completion of required items.
- Present and explain trends, improvement opportunities, and examination status to bank examiners and management to ensure efficient operations.
We are looking for a varied skillset which could include a mixture of job experience, an ability to conduct analyses in a business environment, and a desire to excel and grow. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience working in a professional setting and working with teams.
- 2+ years direct or indirect experience with the examination process/schedule
- Critical-thinking skills and ability to identify patterns and trends and spot new issues
- Familiarity with Consumer protection or CRA laws.
- 10-15% travel is required (2-3 days per month)
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: 60,000 - 73,000
In addition to great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance:
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible on-site work arrangements
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
You must undergo a background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.