Project Manager - IT
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonThe Information Technology Department is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager with 5+ years of experience. In this role, you will work with our skilled and dedicated project management team, as well as with application developers, technical leads, and business partners. The ideal candidate will have experience in Agile mythologies (SDLC, Scrum, Kanban, etc.), Information Technology (IT) background, and strong skills in developing and overseeing detailed work plans. This role is eligible for a hybrid schedule, with a mix of remote work from your home office in the First District and planned onsite work expected for intentional collaboration with onsite presence multiple times a month.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors all project activities for a variety of small to medium and complex projects in Application and Web Development, Process Automation, Infrastructure, and System IT projects and Initiatives.
- Leads projects from requirements definition through implementation and closure.
- Helps to define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Ensures all project requirements and objectives are correctly gathered, documented, understood, and properly translated for implementation.
- Ensures agreement from project sponsor(s) and stakeholders is received for initial scope and project plans and any changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Defines tasks and required resources to achieve project goals.
- Directs the project team, with support from management to assign individual responsibilities, tasks, priorities, and technical functions.
- Creates schedules and project timelines.
- Tracks deliverables, risks, and issues to ensure timely delivery.
- Effectively prepares and delivers timely written and oral communications on progress as well as problems and solutions, including communication to executives.
- Implements and manages change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Assumes ownership of project success.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of higher education and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing Business and IT projects.
- Strong organizational skills as well as oral written and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others through demonstrated leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Project Life Cycle stages and processes.
- Understanding and experience with IT terminology and Agile principles (SDLC, Scrum, Kanban)
- Expert with standard Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Proficient with collaboration tools like SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Team-oriented mentality.
Additional preferred qualifications
- Project Management certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Experience with project management tools such as Clarity PPM, Azure DevOps, Jira.
- Experience in coaching project team members to strengthen their abilities and skill sets.
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.