Senior Commissioned Bank Examiner / Risk Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Commissioned Bank Examiner / Risk Specialist to be part of a dedicated supervisory team responsible for a large savings and loan holding company and its state member bank subsidiaries. In this role you will lead and participate in examinations as part of our continuous supervision model for Large Banking Organizations (LBOs). You will report to the Deputy Central Point of Contact over Financial Resiliency and will lead and participate in all financial related assignments under the Federal Reserve’s Large Financial Institution’s rating framework and interagency CAMELS rating framework. We are seeking a commissioned bank examiner, with specific expertise in the areas of asset quality (including retail credit), credit risk management and earnings adequacy. The successful candidate will also have secondary expertise in the areas of liquidity and investment management, capital markets and interest rate risk management. We prefer you be based in Dallas, TX.
- Partner with other examiners and risk specialists in a team environment to effectively build and execute supervisory plans for the firm.
- Analyze policies, procedures and controls related to safety and soundness examinations and propose regulatory conclusions and ratings related to your assigned risk discipline.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the team for your assigned risk discipline, and participate in the development and execution of examination scope memos, assessment work programs, conclusion memos, and supervisory feedback letters as well as develop work papers to document your analysis and support your conclusions.
- Perform continuous monitoring of your assigned risk areas, reporting on changes in inherent risks and risk management practices of the banks; this will include monitoring trends and developments through the review of internal risk management reports, regulatory filings and surveillance reports, and interaction with senior bank officials, other regulators, and internal auditors.
- Participate in the assessment of the firm’s remediation of supervisory issues; delivering clear, written and oral supervisory messages to firm leadership in collaboration with other examiners and risk specialists.
- Maintain a high level of subject matter expertise in your risk discipline and keep abreast of emerging issues of particular relevance to the firm.
- Collaborate with examiners, risk specialists, and representatives from the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending and analysts from the Board of Governors to recommend a variety of regulatory assessments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with examination team members and business lines.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in banking, financial services, or banking supervision.
- Examiner Commission and/or LBO supervisory experience preferred.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above requirements.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours; flexible work environment
- Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.