Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisThe St. Louis Fed hires several Research Associates each year. Start dates for this search are in the Spring or Summer of 2024.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with, learn, and engage with our reputable economist staff, visiting fellows and scholars. Former St. Louis RAs have continued their careers in other Bank divisions, in PhD programs, and in the private sector. More Information can be found in the RAjobs link below under the success stories tab.
Visit https://research.stlouisfed.org/RAjobs/ for a detailed overview of the RA position.
What are the day-to-day activities?
- Perform statistical, econometric, computational and analytical research that economists can use for publication in academic journals.
- Utilize Excel and statistical packages such as Stata, R, Matlab, Julia, Python, and SAS.
- Collect, organize and interpret economic and financial data.
- Review academic journals, market sources and government reports.
- Write short articles or assist economists in developing short articles and presentations on current economic and financial conditions and policy issues.
- Attend to additional assignments, including gathering and organizing survey data and anecdotal information and summarizing economic data for the Beige Book.
- A GPA of 3.5 or above
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, econometrics, or quantitative economics
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics, including coursework in Calculus II, Econometrics, Linear Algebra, and Differential equations
- Previous economic research experience, such as undergraduate research assistant, research-related internship or independent research project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the documents requested below and apply on econjobmarket: EJM - Econ Job Market
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without all of these materials.
- Cover letter
- Copy of unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Technical writing sample
- Completed applicant summary file using the following file: https://research.stlouisfed.org/jobopps/RA_Applicant_Summary_File.docx
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with many benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible schedule where you can find balance:
- Paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.