Senior Examiner / Senior Risk Specialist - Consumer Compliance
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of San FranciscoWe are the San Francisco Fed, public servants with a congressionally mandated mission to promote a sound and stable economy to support the lives of all Americans. We are a community-engaged bank, and we are committed to understanding and serving the vibrant, diverse people of the Twelfth District. That means we seek and appreciate new perspectives. We respect people for what they do and for who they are. We build opportunities to learn and grow. When you join the SF Fed, you become part of a team united in its purpose to promote an economy that works for everyone. We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
The SF Fed’s Supervision + Credit Group is responsible for the supervision and regulation of state member banks, bank holding companies, savings and loan holding companies, financial holding companies, data service providers, trust companies, and foreign banking organizations that operate in the 12th District. Supervised institutions are in all states of our District, and range in size and complexity from small community organizations to some of the largest banking organizations in the country. Right now, our team is looking for a Senior Examiner - Consumer Compliance. These examiners help promote market efficiency and fairness in consumer financial services. They enforce federal consumer protection laws and regulations and promote access to banking services in historically underserved markets through various means, including conducting examinations, investigation of consumer complaints and outreach activities to the banking industry.
We are looking for you! Our ideal candidate has deep experience and subject matter expertise across all aspects of a compliance management system. You are familiar with the challenges of implementing a compliance management system across a very large and complex organization. We prefer a Commissioned Examiner via the Fed’s Board of Governor’s program or is willing to become commissioned via our program. Are you ready take your time and talents to a truly mission driven organization? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Participates and leads consumer compliance supervisory events at the largest and most complex financial institutions in the SF Fed district’s portfolio.
- Develops risk assessments and monitors consumer compliance risks of an institution or portfolio of institutions on an ongoing basis.
- In both verbal and written format, communicates sound conclusions and recommendations regarding the effectiveness of financial institutions’ compliance management systems.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with partners within the Federal Reserve System, as well as with other regulatory agencies and supervised institutions.
- Engages in formal training and mentorship programs for junior staff, including providing performance feedback to management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for large and complex financial institution compliance risk management frameworks, providing mentorship to staff and management on matters arising within financial institutions.
- Participates in various conferences, seminars, and other outreach activities to provide current regulatory perspectives to the banking industry.
- Maintains strong knowledge of financial services and regulatory environments, particularly as related to consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of eight or more years of direct or comparable banking, financial industry, or banking supervision experience with exposure to a compliance frameworks.
- An understanding of risk management and banking principles.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to travel up 25 percent.
- Examiner commission issued by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or other federal banking agency is required for Senior Examiner role. If one does not maintain an examiner commission, one would be hired as Senior Risk Specialist and enrollment in the Federal Reserve System’s Consumer Compliance Examiner Commissioning Program will be required.
- This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals.” Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so or who will sign a declaration of intent to apply for naturalization before they begin employment.
Base Salary Range: Min: $147,100 - Mid: $191,000 - Max: $234,900 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryBank Examination
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.