Technician - Electrician
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of St. LouisAs our Technician - Electrician, you will perform installation, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work on several electrical equipment and devices. You will report to the Assistant Manager, Engineering.
- Diagnose facilities equipment or system problems.
- Performs and assists in all phases of building maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems including low voltage under the advisement of the T4 Electrician.
- Install, inspect, and maintain air, gas, water, sewer, steam, and condensate systems
- Interpret and implement specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, and data to ensure operation of systems.
- Program, operate and maintain the computer equipment and applications to monitor Bank facilities for proper electric, humidity, temperature, ventilation, and fire protection under the advisement of the T4 Electrician.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair electrical equipment under the advisement of the T4 Electrician.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment systems and power tools. Keep preventive maintenance records through the CMMS.
- Provide exceptional customer service for members.
- And enjoys being creative in adapting skills and build solutions.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, weekends if necessary, and participate in on-call rotation.
- Ability to bend, stand, climb, crawl, and lift 50 pounds.
- Proficiency using Microsoft applications and scheduling software
- Maintains 5S protocols
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- 2+ years’ experience with building system, operations, and repairs
- Must perform daily responsibilities with a safety-first mindset
- Knowledge and ability to operate power equipment and hand tools required of the job (including; saws, drills, sanders, power lifts and electrical testing equipment).
- Experience with chiller plant and cooling tower system operations and controls
- Experience with generators, UPS systems, complex electrical system operations and repairs
- Experience with building automation system operations and repairs
- Can navigate through the automation system and change control points.
- Programming experience.
- One of the following Experienced trade certifications or apprenticeships below is required
- Facilities maintenance certification
- Industrial Technologies certification
- Electrical maintenance certification
- Skilled trades apprenticeship program in Mechanical, HVAC or Electrical
- Control Systems Technology certification
- Electrical Automation Technology certification
- Fork and scissor lift experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Travel (5%)
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with many benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
Salary: $ 65,000 - $ 70,000
In addition to great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that all brought together in a flexible schedule where you can find balance:
- Free onsite parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition & Training assistance/reimbursement
- 401(k) match & Annuity/Pension fund
- Top-notch health care benefits
- Child and family care leave
- Professional development opportunities
- And more...
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Job CategoryBuilding Services/Facilities
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.