Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of ChicagoConducts and documents moderately complex analysis for a Business Unit and makes recommendations to implement solutions that improve the quality of services delivered assisting in integration, testing and implementation of solutions to achieve desired results. Coordinates small to intermediate Department or Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (FRBC) projects and acts as a liaison between team members and functional area management. Creates and administers assigned budgets, monitors and analyzes actual spending and develops projections in order to authorize financial commitments, projects future performance and functions purchasing activities and interfaces with vendors. Utilizes problem solving, decision making and analytical skills to meet changing business needs. Administers and monitors department’s compliance and control environment activities. The level of work is considered intermediate, and staff must be able to work under general supervision. This position has no direct reports.
The position is hybrid and located in Chicago.
- Conducts moderate to complex analysis and projection (financial, performance, operational and statistical) projects, including compilation and arrangement of data, computations, result analysis, charts and exhibit creation, report preparation and data accuracy validation; identifies issues or problems with data and makes recommendations to remedy errors
- Plans, directs and coordinates department project activities and resources to ensure project goals are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality; provides direction, prioritization, and conflict resolution in managing project teams to accomplish project objectives
- Develops, maintains, manipulates and analyzes spreadsheets and databases for department, extracting data from other systems as necessary; develops metrics to track performance plans
- Develops briefing materials and presentations for the Bank and Federal Reserve System management as needed
- Supports department business operations, financial processes and improvement/efficiency initiatives Monitors, reconciles and analyzes budget performance, analyzes spending, processes purchases as well as prepare detailed reports on budget expense management
- Develops internal and external communications for stakeholder groups, including use of innovative technologies to reach multiple audiences throughout the Bank
- Conducts market research, trend, cost/benefit and best practice analysis to develop a business case and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership
- Consults with department to define and document current business processes and areas for improvement
- Works with senior leaders to establish metrics and targets to be used to analyze and determine organizational performance
- Bachelor's degree 1 to 5 years of direct work experience
- Experience with Workday, Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Experience in project management methodologies
- Experience in performing specialized business analysis and project assessment
- Experience gathering and analyzing data, reporting and presenting financial data and coordinating efforts of a project team
- Experience communicating with internal stakeholders including executives, technical resources, internal communications and public relations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think independently Self-directed and motivated
- Knowledge of Bank operation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical applications
- Possesses and applies strong internet navigation and research skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
- This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off and transit benefit.
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career.
- Onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.