Technical Support Engineer
We are: Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company. Don’t wait. #BeCode42
THE TEAM: We are a skilled team of Technical Support professionals with unrivaled experience and expertise. From assisting with technical issues to providing advice on deployment, installation or configuration, the team is always available to ensure customers success in detecting & responding to Insider Risk.
Working as part of a focused team, you will be managing chats, emails and scheduled callbacks with our customers. You will be doing a lot of writing, too. Clear, step-by-step, instructions with tact and discretion. You will also be working to streamline internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code42's growth explodes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Incorporating environmental details and context to recommend suggestions beyond the initial reporting issue, for a stronger and healthier customer
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Collaborating with your team on issues and their solutions
- Performing thorough analysis of varied log and system files related to Code42 products
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software defects reported by customers in the field or under lab conditions
- Utilizing remote secure access technologies to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Reviewing manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution
- Staying on the cusp of the latest and greatest technologies as well as changes in Code42 products and processes
- Meeting service level agreements and ensuring proper documentation of all issues
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience
- The ability to make decisions on your own, and consult with team leaders as needed
- Fluent in the following: Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet and server administration, such as: SSH, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, traceroute, and ping
- Strong writing skills and good telephone etiquette
- Record of consistently offering superior levels of customer service
- Strong command line Linux skills. You have set up and run your own Linux servers before.
- Ability to communicate with high technical knowledge and efficiency
- Ability to support Pacific and Mountain time, expected hours are 9:00am - 6:00pm CT
- Ability to work hybrid, reporting to the Minneapolis office two days a week
ADDITIONAL SKILLS THAT CAN SET YOU APART:
- Knowledge of security software or previous experience at a security organization
- Strong knowledge of database technologies
- General knowledge of varied operating system and application deployment methodologies such as virtualization, containers, PaaS/Infrastructure as Code
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include; health, dental, vision, and wellness, 401k + employer match, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer