Sports Medicine Physician
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 12, 2024
Department:62832510 Sports Medicine
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provides direct patient care to individuals specializing in illness/injury prevention, conservative rehabilitation and surgical intervention needed for an active and healthy lifestyle.
Key Position Details:
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care to individuals specializing in illness/injury prevention, conservative rehabilitation and surgical intervention needed for an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Provides continuous care in the field of sports medicine, not only for the enhancement of health and fitness, but also for the prevention and management of injury and illness.
- Provides knowledge and experience in the promotion of wellness and the role of exercise in promoting a healthy lifestyle. Knowledge of exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology, physical rehabilitation and epidemiology is essential to the practice of sports medicine.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine required and
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Sports Medicine required
- 0 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty area required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required and certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, the American Board of Family Medicine, the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Board of Pediatrics with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently