Home Health Aide
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 08, 2024
Department:78007402 Wedum Residential Hospice
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:8/12 combo shift
Hours Per Week:24
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:The Home Health Aide provides routine, individualized personal cares to Home Health, Hospice and Residential Hospice patients. Monitors and reports changes in patient health status to Case Manager. Also assists with basic residential household activities.
Key Position Details:
- Every 3rd Weekend rotation 7p-7a (Sat-Sun)
- Weekday Shifts are 11p-7a
- Position is Eligible for night and weekend Differential pay
- 3-holiday rotation per year
- Benefit Eligible
- Provides safe, competent cares to patients to include bathing, skin care, feeding assistance and assistance with bowel programs, simple wound cares, range of motion (ROM) and exercise programs and residential household activities.
- Delivers care that meets or exceeds patient expectations based on patient/family feedback.
- Communicates effectively in a way that contributes to quality patient care and cohesiveness of care delivery team.
- Documents all patient visits to reflect cares given during the visit or shift, patient response and safety interventions that are in place.
- Communicates all changes in patient condition, updates or symptom management concerns to supervising clinician.
- Attends all staff meetings or home health aide meetings on a regular basis.
- Completes and closes all patient documentation within 24 hours of patient visit and completes all activity logs weekly.
- Completes agency, state and federal regulatory requirements for continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years as a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide required
- 2 to 5 years as a Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant - MN Nursing Assistant Registry required
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required within 120 Days
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently