Regional Support Medical Assistant
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 07, 2024
Department:62279900 Allina Health Group Shakopee
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Job Summary:Provides remote support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include assisting with virtual rooming patients, managing patient flow and obtaining adequate patient medical information/data.
Key Position Details:
**This is a fully remote position that supports our regional clinics.**
- 4- day work week/No Weekends
- Day Shifts Variable hours between 8a-530p
- Benefit Eligible
- Provide patient care support and assist providers as instructed by the Physician, Provider or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's condition.
- Provides information to patients regarding test/procedure preparation, over-the-counter medication administration and treatment with provider.
- Provide patient preventative or other heath information per provider or RN
- Coordinate results of tests, procedures ect. with provider.
- Assists with scheduling appointments for patients.
- Prepare refill information for provider to review.
- Facilitate obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of abnormalities.
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding to messages and results for provider.
- Manage patient flow and obtain adequate patient medical information/data.
- May perform virtual rooming and vital signs according to standards.
- Confirm information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
- Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school with a clinical externship
- Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently