Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 06, 2024
Department:84006720 Hutchinson Ambulance
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Hours Per Week:35
Union Contract:L167-1-EMTs and Paramedics
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Responds and provides pre-hospital 911 services in the scope of certification and under the direction of a paramedic. Provides safe and comfortable transport from facility to facility. Maintains and operates vehicle adhering to driving laws and company policy. Stocks and cleans vehicles.
Key Position Details:
- Every Other Weekend Rotation
- 10 Hour Shifts
- Optional Call-Time
- Every 6 Months Shift Bid based off of Seniority
- Union Position
- Provides life support patient care within scope of certification.
- Responds 911.
- Under the direction of the paramedic, provides patient care in a pre-hospital setting.
- Under the direction of the paramedic, acquires and secures Class A narcotics.
- Transports patients from scene or from facility to facility.
- Documents and provides reports to receiving facility.
- Establishes and maintains communications with internal and external customers.
- Maintains vehicle.
- Cleans and stocks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company procedure.
- Maintains equipment and uses it per manufacturer and company procedure.
- Reports safety and/or potential safety hazards.
- May have base maintenance duties including cleaning and disinfecting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Licensed Emergency Medical Tech - EMT - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board required if working in MN or
- Licensed Emergency Medical Tech - EMT - WI - Emergency Medical Services required if working in WI and
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required American Heart Association or Allina and
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Very Heavy Work:
Lifting weight Excess of 100 lbs. occasionally, Over 50 lbs. frequently