Cardiovascular Technician CV EP Lab
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 05, 2024
Posting Expiration Date:February 13, 2024
Department:34005006 AHMHI CV Lab St Paul
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Union Contract:ADIT-1-United Radiology Technicians
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- Call one night a week and 8-10 weekends per year.
Assists physician during diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular, electrophysiology or peripheral vascular procedures, including circulating, scrubbing, monitoring and hemodynamic monitoring/recording. Follows department policies to maintain a safe, efficient environment while caring for the patient.
- Effectively operates laboratory equipment
- Prepares and operates equipment within department, manufacturer and federal guidelines.
- Performs quality control and basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Promptly reports all equipment problems to appropriate source.
- Performs scrub role activities
- Ensures a safe and sterile environment for the patient.
- Practices aseptic technique, maintains sterile field and reports/corrects any breaks in sterile technique.
- Prepares the equipment and competently assists the physician during the procedure.
- Understands the anatomy and physiology of the conduction system, and associated intra cardiac electrocardiographic signals.
- Assists physicians in monitoring/circulator role
- Detects and responds to changing patient conditions, observing EKG, blood pressure, and other electrograms.
- Performs complete diagnostic and provocative pacing protocols under the direction of the physician.
- Differentiates basic and complex arrhythmias and assists in mapping.
- Records, compiles and enters patient data accurately into electronic medical record and image retrieval system.
- Ensures safe environment for patients and staff
- Protects self and others from injury by using equipment per manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Uses transfer lifts, transport equipment and body mechanics to protect from injury.
- Practices good habits of radiation safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree graduate of accredited Cardiovascular Technology program; or Bachelor's degree in life, physical science, or health care related field; or EMT certification
- Cardiovascular Lab or Electrophysiology experience
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Advanced Cardiac Life Support - required if working at Abbott Northwestern within 180 days
- Registered Invasive Cardiovascular Technology preferred within 1 year
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently