Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:February 05, 2024
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Weekend Rotation:Every 4th
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- .8 (32 hours/week)
- Day/ Evening, mostly evening shift
- 8 hours per day
- Every 4th weekends
Provides optimal pharmaceutical care for patients and oversees medication management through the compounding and dispensing of prescribed medications, evaluation of patient medication therapies and outcomes, the performance of medication history evaluations, and providing consultation and education to patients about medications and their use. Provides pharmaceutical care for Home Infusion patients. Practices in accordance with all laws and regulations, following legal standards in all areas including, work rules, controlled substance requirements, state and federal regulations, and HIPAA regulations. May advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
- Reviews medications and patient medication profiles for possible interactions.
- Evaluates medication orders for appropriateness, including dosage, route, frequency, effectiveness, and cost. Checks for medication over/under utilization.
- Conducts medication history reviews, monitoring patient medicine profiles to ensure appropriateness based on factors such as age, indication for use, elimination parameters and other clinically relevant lab results.
- Adheres to formulary management principles, published guidelines, and approved protocols.
- In collaboration with other health care professionals, may manage the home infusion patient care plan.
- Dispenses medications.
- Enters, verifies, compounds and dispenses medications and IV's.
- Verifies accuracy of product preparation, compounding, and labeling to comply with current standards, laws and hospital policy.
- Evaluates compatibilities between medications, IV solutions, and parenteral nutrition.
- May program and maintain pump technology and medication delivery devices.
- May oversee provision of and compatibility of supplies and equipment.
- Provides counseling and consultation.
- Counsels patients on new medication, refills and over-the-counter products as needed.
- Effectively communicates with patients and staff member based on their specific needs.
- Consults with physicians and other health care providers to assist patient with medications. Provides patient-specific consultative services or medication-related information to members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides pharmacotherapeutic recommendations to optimize therapy and maximize patient care and cost efficiencies.
- Documents professional activities, related medication consults, and other patient care activities in the medical record or other pharmacy reporting databases.
- May work collaboratively with Allina Home Care partners, liaisons, nurse care coordinators, and social workers to help facilitate new referrals and admissions.
- Provides medication education and patient care service.
- Provides medication education to patients to improve adherence and support positive outcomes.
- Provides medication information and education to healthcare professionals on relevant topics, such as prevalent or problematic issues related to prescribing.
- Makes recommendations to optimize medication therapy.
- Holds self and team members accountable to provide exemplary service to patients, caregivers, nursing and other professional staff. Practices in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, following legal standards in all areas including, work rules, controlled substance requirements, state and federal regulations, and HIPAA regulations.
- Collaborates as part of an Interdisciplinary Care Team-based approach to patient care with physicians, other providers, nurses, and other health professionals to better meet patient needs while improving health care quality.
- Provides direction, support and training to Pharmacy team.
- Provides work direction for Pharmacy team, evaluating and prioritizing workload to ensure processes are performed efficiently. Delegates tasks to technicians and interns, as appropriate.
- Assists in orientation and training for pharmacy staff.
- May precept pharmacy students, interns and residents.
- If applicable by site, promptly responds to and participates in emergent medical situations (e.g. cardiac arrest, stroke, other urgent medical conditions).
- Coordinates with third party vendors, delivery couriers, and all partners that interface with home infusion business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy OR PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy
- 0 to 2 years of identified pharmacy experience
- Completion of an accredited residency program or equivalent Pharmacy experience
- Completion of pharmacist board certification
- 2 to 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience or
- 2 to 5 years home infusion pharmacy experience including therapeutic drug monitoring and IV admixture, and medication compounding
- Licensed Pharmacist - MN Board of Pharmacy required upon hire if working in MN
- Licensed Pharmacist - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required upon hire if working in WI
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently