Clinical Team Aide Highland Park Clinic
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 29, 2024
Department:63349900 Allina Health Group Highland Park
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-6-Aspen Clerical and Technical
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
Provides support to the clinical team, providers and patients to deliver timely and quality health care services for optimal service and care.
- Supports and assists providers and clinical staff with administrative and select patient care tasks.
- Schedules quick appointments, fixes scheduling errors, edits appointment notes.
- Follows up on no-shows and works with providers to review and approve add-ons.
- Greets patients or sets up virtual visits, completes identification verification and informs patients of wait time.
- Administers questionnaires and documents in electronic medical record, enters or edits outside results and prepares patient forms for providers signatures.
- May perform specific patient care tasks based on training, height, weight, vision and hearing, ECG, transport patient specimens to lab.
- Prepares I-Pads for interpreter use and may escort patients to other departments.
- Processes incoming mail, scans, copies and faxes as needed, prints and updates forms, answers internal phone calls, and may place office supply orders.
- Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks clinical areas and maintains supplies.
- Cleans procedure and exam rooms between patients and at end of day.
- Stocks and supplies exam rooms, performs regular reviews of expiration dates, and maintains linen levels.
- Cleans and ensures proper maintenance for equipment and preparing instruments for sterilization.
- May prepare rooms for procedures.
- Clinical safety support.
- Performs daily crash cart checks, monitors and empties sharps containers, and completes liquid nitrogen management and refills.
- Performs routine safety checks on fire extinguishers, safety lights, eye wash stations and oxygen tanks.
- Places work orders and Service Now tickets as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required principle competencies as listed on the job description
- Healthcare, patient care, electronic medical records, or medical terminology experience
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently