Environmental Services Aide - Casual
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 26, 2024
Department:43008210 Environmental Services
Shift:Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Cleans, sanitizes and disinfects all areas of heath care facility. Maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, operating rooms, exam rooms, treatment rooms, care centers and public areas. Collects and transports solid and infectious waste within the health care facility. May stock clean linen in linen room and departments.
Use your cleaning skills to make a difference! You are an essential part of achieving more together for Allina Health patients, employees, and our community. Foster a clean and sanitary environment by keeping the facility organized, appealing, and healthy. Make us All Together Better by promoting a positive patient experience.
Key Position Details:
- Casual position
- 8-hour shifts, primarily evenings
- No weekends or holidays
- Cleans, sanitizes and disinfects all areas of heath care facility.
- Maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, operating rooms, exam rooms, treatment rooms, care centers and public areas.
- Cleaning tasks including dusting, mopping, emptying trash, changing bed linen, vacuuming, operating auto scrub machine to clean floors and others.
- Potential and actual safety hazards are identified and reported.
- Reports building items, furnishings, and equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Collects and transports solid and infectious waste within the health care facility.
- Collects soiled linen to avoid accumulation in all areas utilizing all safety precautions and proper personal protective equipment.
- May stock clean linen in linen room and departments.
- May maintain proper levels of linen inventory.
- Utilizes hospital equipment and supplies in a safe and effective manner.
- Keeps cleaning cart organized, clean and stocked.
- Keeps cleaning closets organized and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred or 6 months similar work experience
- Environmental services experience or high school diploma/GED required
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently