Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 24, 2024
Department:46006710 Patient Transport
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Union Contract:SEIU-4-St Francis Service and Maintenance
Weekend Rotation:Every 3rd
Job Summary:Provides support in transferring and transporting patients, pharmaceuticals, lab specimens and blood products. Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, equipment and patient related items to their destinations enabling the health care team to perform their duties.
Key Position Details:
- 8-Hour Shifts Day/Evening
- Every 3rd Weekend
- Variable Start Times 8a, 10a, 11a
- Benefit Eligible
- Transports patients to designated treatments or procedures.
- Safely transports, lifts and positions patients to and from cart, wheelchair, bed and chair using appropriate safe patient moving techniques and equipment.
- Coordinates the timing of transports to meet patient care needs.
- Communicates to patient care units if delays occur.
- Recognizes emergency situations and escalates to appropriate member of health care team.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of machine and manual transfer protocols.
- Utilizes each transfer as an opportunity to communicate and teach protocols to other health care staff.
- Assures that transfer equipment is well maintained and properly stored.
- Monitors equipment needing repair and pulls broken equipment from service.
- Utilizes electronic medical record transport system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- 0 to 2 years of previous health care experience preferred
- 0 to 2 years of previous transport experience preferred
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Upon Hire
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently