Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 22, 2024
Department:30009034 Allina Health Hospitalist United
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Hours Per Week:36
Job Summary:Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a Physician/Physician Assistant team. Works in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
- Provides clinical care for patients while they are in the hospital.
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Collaborates with hospital staff by consulting and rounding on patients if designated by the specialty.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 70 plus Hospitalist team including physicians and APP's.
- Strong teaching atmosphere with the option to work with our associated family medicine residency program.
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- Excellian, our EMR, is a software product from Epic and is considered one of the most comprehensive systems in the nation.
- .9 fte with day, evening and night coverage
- Master's degree Completion of accredited Physician Assistant program or
- Master's degree completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Certification of CNP through ANCC or PA certification
- Active, non-restricted medical license in MN (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain MN DEA certification and National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Ability to meet criteria/qualifications for Credentialing/licensing.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, MN, is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities East Metro Area, providing innovative services and programs including the The Mother Baby Center, Allina Health Cancer Institute, Nasseff Heart Center, John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute, as well as psychiatry, women's health, surgical, rehabilitation and emergency services. With 2,949 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital provides a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, Allina Health is a not for profit 503(c) organization, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin. Allina Health operates in one of the nation’s most vibrant, livable areas; a place where you can build the career you want—and you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently