Mental Health Supervisor RN Ridgeview Waconia
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 15, 2024
Department:16000605 Allina Mental Health Admin
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
Collaborates with lead provider(s) in the shared accountability for daily operations and overall performance of mental health hospital-based clinic. Partners with an operations manager to provide clinical and operational direction to clinic staff and providers. Supervises employees including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, clinic assistants, and business staff. Supervisors may be required to provide direct clinical care to patients to support clinic needs.
- Recruits, hires, and retains high talent staff.
- Ensures effective onboarding, education, and training.
- Manages performance; communicates expectations, holds staff accountable, provides feedback/coaching, and conducts timely performance reviews.
- Maintains a strong onsite presence, demonstrating awareness and involvement in clinic activities.
- Coordinates daily tasks to ensure clinic operations run smoothly.
- Supervises and understands the scope of practice of patient care delivery staff.
- Leads/participates in daily huddles to ensure staff have the equipment, tools, and resources required for patient care and to accomplish clinical and operational objectives.
- Manages staffing volumes to meet clinic needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of policies and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- May supervise a remote workforce.
- Fosters a respectful workplace culture.
- Clinical Quality and Safety, Process Improvement, Patient Experience
- Develops, implements, and evaluates patient care delivery processes.
- Ensures all regulatory, compliance, and accreditation expectations are met.
- Partners with the safety lead to conduct drills, evaluate staff preparedness, and proactively address gaps.
- Promotes a culture of safety and utilizes HRO skills.
- Manages safety event reports and participates in ACAs and RCAs.
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies to drive clinical quality outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous process improvement by empowering staff to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Participates and/or leads deployment of system-wide initiatives utilizing effective change management and performance management methodologies.
- Utilizes patient experience data to inform improvements and perform immediate recovery as needed.
- Empowers staff to resolve patient complaints and concerns and creates a culture of service recovery.
- Employee Engagement
- Analyzes and acts on employee engagement data.
- Engages in employee rounding activities.
- Provides employee recognition and celebrates wins.
- Seeks opportunities to promote development and growth as a leader.
- Fosters provider awareness of their informal role as a leader at the site.
- Accountable for management of clinic financials, operating expenses, and productivity for overall clinic performance.
- Proactively reviews reports to assess and problem solve to align operating expenses and productivity.
- Identifies and plans for future capital needs and growth in partnership with operations manager.
- Ensures proper revenue cycle management workflows are in place and maintained.
- Collaborates with lead physician to manage provider productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 2 to 5 years as a clinic registerd nurse
- Experience with projects and initiatives
- 2 to 5 years supervisory experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing if working in MN required upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently