Community Palliative Care RN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 08, 2024
Department:78001332 Palliative Care Community
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- 40 hours per week
- Previous experience working with patients with advanced illnesses
- Benefit Eligible
Nursing is the assessment and treatment of human response to actual or potential health problems. This includes establishing an intentional therapeutic relationship between a registered nurse and a patient and family. As a leader and the integrator of care, the professional nurse has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for planning, coordinating and evaluating the patient’s care needs.
Works alongside the care team screening clients and/or population for healthcare needs and developing a client-focused case management plan.
- Comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs; identification of outcomes based on needs assessment; establishing the plan of care; supervising the progress; and modification of the plan of care as needed.
- Maintains education and competencies to remain proficient to provide high quality patient care practice and skills.
- Incorporates evidence-based nursing practice taking into consideration current statutes, rules and regulations when developing the plan of care.
- Establishes, in the collaboration with the family and patient, realistic and measurable patient expected outcomes based on nursing diagnoses, patients present and potential capabilities, goals, available resources and plan for continuity of care.
- Identifies outcomes that are age appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic and attainable.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and delegates appropriately to ensure care is provided in a safe, effective fashion.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements.
- Supplemental roles:
• Charge Nurse (only when acting in this role).
◦ Demonstrates ability to coordinate, delegate, and direct unit operation, collaborates effectively with unit staff, leadership and other disciplines.
• Preceptor (only when acting in this role).
◦ Demonstrates ability to identify the orientee's learning needs, plans appropriate learning experiences and demonstrates ability to validate clinical competence of orientee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree
- 2 or more years RN experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Case Management experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse – MN Board of Nursing required if working in state of MN upon hire / WI Department of Safety & Professional Services required if working in the state of WI upon hire
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN) preferred
- Nursing Case Management Certification (CMGT-BC) preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently