Care Guide Representative
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:January 08, 2024
Department:16007317 System CM ACT Advanced Care Team
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Collaborates with the care team serving as the central facilitator to patients. Develops and maintains a relationship with the patient and utilizes this relationship to further the patient's medical and non-medical goals. Applies critical thinking skills in order to uncover barriers, develops patient-driven goals, guides and coordinates care according to a care plan, uses behavior change techniques to reinforce and support the plan, partners with care team to improve quality of care and health outcomes for patients and documents in the electronic medical record.
Key Position Details:
- 1.0 (40 hours/week)
- 8- 4:30 pm, M-F
- No weekends, no holidays!
- Travel regionally
- Hybrid role
- Acts as the central facilitator to patients supported by the care team.
- Transitions and supports patient through all stages of care.
- Maintains and documents ongoing communications with patients and care team.
- Collects and maintains patient data and reports to facilitate care.
- Communicates with patients, families and providers to maintain coordination of care.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution to barriers.
- Identifies barriers the patient may have to meeting health care goals and communicates with care team.
- Assists patients in determining resources within system and the community.
- Ensures connections were made and ongoing needs are met.
- Develops patient-driven goals and support patients care.
- Works with patients to develop medical and no-medical goals.
- Reinforces provider and care team communication about plan of care.
- Engages family and/or friends to support care and goals.
- Supports medication and treatment adherence as needed.
- Uses electronic medical record and other electronic tools for data gathering and interpretation.
- Incorporate appropriate behavior change techniques to empower patients to be active participants in their health.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques.
- Provides behavior change mentorship to other team members or care guides as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- Bachelor's degree in health care preferred
- Up to 2 years of experience in customer service, health care or community-based role required
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment for some departments
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently