Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 26, 2023
Department:16008130 Allina Interpreter Services
Shift:Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:20
Job Summary:Accurately interprets messages between Limited English Proficiency (LED) patients and healthcare providers or support staff in a variety of settings. Translates the written version of documents or medical records as requested.
Key Position Details:
- Evening/Night Shifts
- Somali interpreter
- Travel to Allina Health Hospitals, Clinics and other facilities required - in person interpreting
- Mileage reimbursement
- Benefits eligible
- Provides accurate, and complete in-person, telephone and video interpreting services to healthcare professionals, patients and companions following department standards and National Council on Interpreting in Health Care ethics and standards of practice.
- Documents interpreting services in the electronic medical record.
- Safety and Quality.
- Identifies and communicates quality concerns.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to evaluate and improve service.
- Translates, proofreads, edits, and revises translated materials following accepted professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred and
- Vocational or Technical Training in a medical interpreter training such as Bridging the Gap, The Community Interpreting and/or interpreting credits from an accredited institution. required
- Associate's or Vocational degree in business or health care related field or equivalent preferred
- 0 to 2 years of interpreting experience preferably in health care required
- State of Minnesota Medical Interpreters Roster required and
- National Health Care Interpreter Certification within 1 Year required or
- Certified Health Care Interpreter (CHI) or Core CHI from Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters within 1 Year required or
- Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI) from National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters within 1 Year required or
- Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI) or Hub-CMI from National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters within 1 Year required
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently