Patient Placement RN Central Access Center
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 22, 2023
Department:16008940 Access Center
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:24
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Ensures safe and efficient admissions and transfers into and within the Allina Health System. Works with all persons needed to evaluate appropriate placement and facilitate rapid transfer including; physicians, transportation providers, and nursing staff at referring hospitals.
Key Position Details:
- Patient placement.
- Ensures safe and efficient admissions and transfers into and within the Allina Health System.
- Works with all persons needed to evaluate appropriate placement and facilitate rapid transfer including physicians, transportation providers, nursing staff at referring hospitals.
- Provides nursing report on incoming patients per department guidelines.
- Ensures proper patient placement per facility guidelines.
- Evaluates, processes, tracks, documents, and coordinates patient transfers and direct admissions into and within Allina Health utilizing patient placement guidelines specific to the facility.
- Facilitates transfers between units and departments.
- Provides support for physician clinical issues.
- Facilitates all interactions with excellent customer service skills.
- Meets performance criteria with the Registered Nurse position.
- Regulatory and resources management.
- Ensures clinical resource management and adherence to commercial and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates, processes, tracks, documents, and coordinates patient transfers and direct admissions into and within Allina Health.
- Projects potential challenges on a daily basis for patient placement, based on accessible data.
- Adheres to compliance regulations.
- Remains current with knowledge to ensure compliance with regulations pertinent to their position accountabilities.
- Professional practice.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Functions as a professional role model.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Participates in shared decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree in nursing if a current Allina Health employee required or
- Bachelor's degree in nursing if a non-Allina Health employee required
- 3 to 7 years experience in an acute care setting required
- 0 to 2 years experience in a charge nurse or telemetry position preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently