EMS Special Transportation Driver
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:December 05, 2023
Department:84006730 Wheelchair and Active Ride
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Hours Per Week:20
Union Contract:L167-1-EMTs and Paramedics
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Facilitates patient flow from the hospital by providing transportation to patients who are being discharged or transferred. Assists with the patient's physical needs by pushing their wheelchair and picking up and transporting their belongings. Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company policy. Cleans and disinfects vehicle.
Key Position Details:
- Every Other Weekend Rotation
- Day/Evening/Night Shifts 10 Hour Shifts
- Position may require you to drive inclement weather at times
- Will be utilizing a tablet or Computer
- SEIU Union Role
- Shift Bidding Window Every 6 Months Based on Seniority
- Fully Benefit Eligible
- Provides transportation to patients.
- Assists patient with the patient's physical needs such as pushing their wheelchair and picking up and transporting their belongings.
- Submits billing information for each transport.
- Maintains vehicle.
- Cleans and disinfects.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with driving laws and company policy.
- Reports safety, potential safety hazards and maintenance requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
- MN Department of Transportation (MNDOT) training required. MNDOT certification requires a minimum age of 18 and not less than one year of driving
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment
Lifting weight Up to 100 lbs. occasionally, Up to 50 lbs. frequently