Clinic Business Representative
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 29, 2023
Department:38014454 Mercy Perinatal Clinic
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:32
Job Summary:Responsible for greeting and welcoming patients to Allina at in person appointments, or by providing support by phone. Provides a standard registration process by collecting demographic and financial data and enters information into electronic medical record. Navigates patient electronic record system to review and respond to scheduling and records needs.
Key Position Details:
This role requires critical thinking skills with experience in scheduling OBYGN, Women's Health and complex medical scheduling skills.
The person hire for this role will also be traveling to five different sites and will know ahead of time which location to report to unless there is a last-minute coverage needed off site.
Woodbury and Edina are primary locations.
Mercy, Saint Paul and Minneapolis are for occasional coverage.
7:15 AM-7:30 AM start time
3:45 PM -4:00PM end time
No holidays, no weekend
- Greets, welcomes, and performs the registration process with patients in person or by phone:
- Appropriately utilizes all tools, resources, and procedures to conduct patient check-in, which includes interviewing patients to collect demographic and insurance information, providing patients with appointment specific forms, and obtaining necessary and appropriate documentation
- Assists patients with telephone encounters
- Identifies key words to initiate appropriate responses and de-escalation techniques as needed
- Directs patients to appointment or procedure
- Collects co-pays and/or remaining balances:
- Obtains signatures from patients as needed
- Responds to questions regarding financial assistance programs
- Performs the End of Day reconciliation process
- May participate in the prescription refill order process as appropriate and in scope for position.
- Performs Epic and In-Basket Responsibilities:
- Uses resources, tools, and procedures to review, respond, follow-up and complete in-basket work
- Reviews MyChart appointments for accuracy and appropriate follow-up
- Works the reschedule report to ensure all appointments are rescheduled appropriately
- Processes No Show letters as applicable
- Medical records support:
- Retrieves clinic scanning/forms, sorts and distributes faxes via RightFax
- Medical record scanning and error resolution
- Opens, sorts and distributes clinic mail, processes returned mail
- Manages patient requested documents for pick-up
- Coordinates Release of Information requests
- Scans STAT EKG’s as needed
- Manages and organizes patient care lobby (or lobbies) and provides other department support:
- Cleans and disinfects the lobby and check-in area(s), wheelchairs, stair wells, door handles, clipboards, and elevator keys throughout the day
- Unpacks and restocks supplies, file cabinet(s) and other clinic resources such as brochures and business cards, makes copies of documents as needed
- May schedule appointments and/or help with other office communication needs such as answering and transferring calls, handling messages and paging necessary parties
- Performs weekly downtime check
- Active participation in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description, and High school diploma or GED preferred preferred
- Associate's or Vocational degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of computer knowledge including working with an electronic medical record and Microsoft Office products (Word and Outlook) required and
- 2 to 5 years of customer service, clerical, or business environment experience in healthcare required and
- 1 year of medical terminology knowledge preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently