Mental Health Supervisor Clinical Services RN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 21, 2023
Department:34009940 Adult Mental Health Services United Outpatient Clinic
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- 1.0 FTE (80 hours per two-week schedule)
- Day shift, 8 hour shifts
- No weekend rotation
Supervises patient care, clinical operations and works in partnership with site leadership to leverage the strengths and expertise of all to support exceptional clinical quality results. Participates in planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating patient care activities, staff education and management activities.
- Coordinates daily operations and staff
- Supervises and understands the scope of practice of patient care delivery by staff.
- Participates in daily huddles to ensure nursing and clinical staff have the equipment, tools and resources required for patient care and to accomplish clinical objectives.
- Hires, manages, leads and engages staff to effectively drive performance to support patient care and clinical objectives.
- Ensures effective orientation processes and clinical training to enable staff to operate at the top of their licensure or certification for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Builds and retains engaged staff by utilizing employee engagement data, tools and methods.
- Supports and manages staff volumes.
- Participates in the development and management of the clinical operations budget and capital requests.
- May manage a remote workforce.
- Patient experience, clinical quality and safety
- Partners with site leadership to develop, implement and evaluate patient care delivery processes.
- Utilizes patient experience and feedback to inform improvements and immediate recovery as needed.
- Empowers staff to resolve patient complaints and concerns and creates a culture of service recovery.
- Supports an environment to achieve quality goals by identifying and removing barriers, communicating changes, and ensuring training and development of staff.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and safety requirements, integrity and confidentiality of patient information and data, and maintains a safe environment for staff and patients.
- Partners with the safety lead to conduct or observe drills, evaluate staff preparedness and proactively address gaps.
- Continuous process improvement
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies to drive clinical outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous process improvement by empowering staff to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Participates and/or leads deployment of system-wide initiatives utilizing effective change management and performance management methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree Nursing or related field with a minimum of 3 year's of hospital or clinic Registered Nurse experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field with a minimum of 2 year's of hospital or clinic Registered Nurse experience
- Project and initiative experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required if working in MN upon hire
- Licensed Registered Nurse - WI Dept of Safety & Professional Services required if working in WI upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required by completion of orientation
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently