Medical Assistant- West Health Clinic
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 15, 2023
Department:62704400 Women's Health Consultants
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
This position will have a primary focus on women's health
Day Shift, no weekends, nights or holidays
Sign on bonus eligible
Provides support to providers and the nursing staff in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services. Some duties include assisting with rooming patients, managing patient flow, administer medication, communication with patients.
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient medical information/data.
- Confirms information with patient when necessary and document per practice.
- Collects patient information via interview, questionnaires, vital signs and accurately document in EMR according to rooming standards.
- Assists with the collection, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Facilitates obtaining lab/imaging results and notify provider of abnormalities.
- Works with the electronic medical records in basket, responding to messages as delegated for provider.
- May need to help cover front desk and provide backup to patient registration/scheduling.
- Performs patient care tasks as delegated by Provider or RN
- Performs injections.
- Assists with procedures.
- Provides patient information regarding test/procedure preparation, treatment plan, preventative or other health information.
- Coordinates results of tests, procedures etc. with provider or RN.
- Prepares refill information for provider to review and prescribe.
- Assists with patient transportation.
- Contributes to an environment that is safe for patients, visitors, and employees.
- Reports environmental risks or equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Uses equipment following policies, procedures and manufacturer directions or standards.
- Follows all policies, procedures, standard work, and proper techniques when providing patient care.
- Cleans, stocks, maintains inventory for exam, medication and supply rooms.
- Reports any acute problems and changes in patient's condition.
- Applies High reliable safety principles to all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required principle competencies as listed on the job description
- Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school with a clinical externship
- Previous Medical Assistant experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently