Clinic Business Representative Associate
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 17, 2023
Department:63309900 Allina Health Group Bandana Square
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-6-Aspen Clerical and Technical
Job Summary:Responsible for greeting and welcoming patients in person or over the phone. Provides a standard registration process by collecting demographic and financial data and enters information into electronic medical record.
Key Position Details:
- No Weekends
- Days M-F
- Union SEIU-6 Aspen technical Clerical
- Greets and welcomes patient in person or by phone.
- Performs registration process.
- Collects demographic and insurance information.
- Checks in or interviews patient to complete appropriate paperwork.
- Directs patient to their appointment or procedure.
- May schedule appointments.
- Verifies eligibility and benefits information for payers and interprets results.
- May obtain prior authorization before date of service and provides notification if unable to complete.
- Collect co-pay or deductibles and respond to questions regarding financial assistance programs available. Refers complex questions as needed.
- Obtain signatures from patients as needed.
- Uses resources, tools and procedures to complete accounts in assigned work queues.
- May operate a multi-phone system which would including transferring calls, handling messages and paging.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job description
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Associate's or Vocational degree preferred
- Clerical or business environment experience preferred and
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred and
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
Lifting weight Up to 10 lbs. occasionally, negligible weight frequently