Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 14, 2023
Department:31009929 High Risk Perinatal
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Job Summary:Performs complete fetal ultrasound procedures to acquire data on normal and at-risk patients. Also assists the physician in the performance of ultrasound-assisted invasive procedures. Uses independent judgement, and has thorough understanding of equipment and positioning to provide optimum service to patients and providers. Works in accordance with department policies and the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Key Position Details:
- 40 hours per week
- Day shift
- 7:15- 3:45 pm or 7:30- 4 pm
- No weekends, no holidays
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all images has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the storage and retrieval system.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with supervisor and team
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology required
- 1 year of ultrasound imaging experience required and
- 0 to 2 years perinatal/OBGYN experience preferred
- Certified Ultrasound Technician - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) upon hire and
- Certified Ultrasound Technician - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography required OB Certified within 1 Year
- Successful completion of WI Caregiver Background Check (4-year cycle)
- Must obtain Fetal Echo registry within 1 year of hire.
- Must obtain Nuchal Translucency registry within 1 year of hire.
- Rotation to metro site clinics and participation in tele-sonography required.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently