Interventional Radiology Technologist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 14, 2023
Department:31006116 Interventional Radiology
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-5-Abbott Northwestern Technical
Job Summary:Performs and assists with procedures in Interventional Radiology, both monitoring and scrubbing, under the direction of the radiologist, providing timely and quality services to patients. Follows Imaging Department policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure.
Key Position Details:
FT position - Monday - Friday
On-call duties required.
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Performs procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains proficiency in both monitoring and scrub role, anticipating MD needs.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Communicates with Supervisor and team
- Reporting problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work of other.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited School of Radiologic Technology required
- Interventional Radiology experience preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be registered upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently