Security Officer - United Hospital
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Department:16008053 East Region Security
Shift:Permanent Nights (United States of America)
Shift Length:10 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Weekend Rotation:Every Other
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
At Allina Health, our Security Team is dedicated to ensuring our staff, patients, and visitors feel safe during their visit at our hospital system.
Key Position Details:
- Night Shift position (8:30pm-7:00am)
- Every other weekend rotation - base pay plus weekend shift differential
- Benefit eligible position
- Learn more about our Security Team! https://players.brightcove.net/pages/v1/index.html?accountId=48346509001&playerId=default&videoId=6312363352112&autoplay=true
Responds, controls and oversees calls for assistance and alarms taking action and interventions to mitigate situations and to reduce injury, prevent property damage or loss. Patrols, assesses and secures organization’s properties and provides escorts and education to internal customers. Enforces criminal ordinances and administrative policies partnering with law enforcement and other community partners.
- Responds to security emergencies.
• Responds, controls and oversees calls for assistance and alarms.
• Takes action(s) and intervenes per procedure and protocols to mitigate the situations and to reduce injury, prevent property damage or loss.
• Investigates calls for services and prepares written reports.
- Patrols, assesses and secures organization’s properties.
• Identifies, evaluates and escalates threats and risks to ensure the safety and security of people and property.
• Patrols and provides escorts at company facilities and campuses.
• Monitors critical building security systems such as cameras, alarms, access control and weapons detection screening systems.
• Maintains and properly operates equipment including radio, emergency vehicle and TASER.
- Enforces criminal ordinances and administrative policies.
• Makes citizen arrests per policy.
• Partners with law enforcement.
• Cites non-compliance related to administrative policies such as smoking, parking and regulatory related to safety and security.
- Serves as a department liaison to internal partners, community partners and other customers.
• Partners with internal customers to identify risk and safety concerns.
• Provides education to internal customers to mitigate personal safety in and out of the workplace.
• Serves on organizational regulatory and security committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion or current enrollment of Associates or Vocational degree or other post secondary education
- 1 year experience in security, law enforcement, military police or related field preferred in lieu of degree preference
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required American Heart Association or Allina within 60 Days
- Valid Driver’s License required upon hire - MN and WI residents must obtain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence within 60 days of employment as may require travel occasionally from site to site
- International Association for Hospital Safety and Security (IAHSS) preferred
- OSHA First Responder preferred
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) preferred
Very Heavy Work:
Lifting weight Excess of 100 lbs. occasionally, Over 50 lbs. frequently