Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 13, 2023
Department:63329900 Allina Health Group East Lake
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:SEIU-6-Aspen Clerical and Technical
Job Summary:Performs technical and diagnostic imaging functions under the direction of a provider or radiologist. Provides timely and quality services to patients. Interacts with patients to welcome, explain and respond to questions and concerns during and following the procedure. Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
Key Position Details:
Days - M - F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
No weekends or holidays!
Will consider X-ray operator if an internal candidate.
- Completes procedures in compliance with physician orders, regulatory requirements and department guidelines.
- Room patients and manage patient flow.
- Identifies patient with two identifiers.
- Documents all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient, responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- May performs dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scans.
- Performs procedure with high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Provides accurate clerical function.
- Uses Excellian (electronic medical record).
- Understands the Enterprise Medical Imaging/Picture Archiving and Communication System.
- Ensures all documentation is complete post procedure.
- Stock necessary medical and radiological supplies.
- Communicates with supervisor and team.
- Reports problems, issues or ideas.
- Provides assistance, ideas and information to support the work or others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology program required
- Radiology experience preferred
- Registered Technologist - The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) required must be registered upon hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently