LPN Family Practice - Cambridge, MN
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 14, 2023
Department:62429900 Allina Health Group Cambridge Clinic
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:26
Union Contract:MLPNA-1-Cambridge LPN
Job Summary:Allina Health is a not-for-profit health system that cares for individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. If you value putting patients first, consider a career at Allina Health. Our mission is to provide exceptional care as we prevent illness, restore health and provide comfort to all who entrust us with their care. This includes you and your loved ones. We are committed to providing whole person care, investing in your well-being, and enriching your career.
Key Position Details:
- Open to new graduates
- Family practice provider works Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in Cambridge
- Family practice provider hours 7:20 am - 4:40 pm
- No weekend rotation
- Benefit Eligible
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Clinic provides support to providers in the delivery of timely, quality patient health care services in a clinic environment. Some duties may include collecting patient information and data, provide patient care, communicate with patient, and care team member. May work in a team supporting multiple providers.
Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Provides patient care support as delegated by Provider or RN.
• Administers therapies including medications, scheduling follow up visits (and prior authorization) or other support unique to a specialty provider.
• Provides patient care pre/post encounter or procedure, preventative or other health information.
• Collaborates with Provider and team on improving and managing quality goals.
• May start, monitor, and discontinue IVs (dependent on site needs and training).
- Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient medical information/data.
• Performs rooming and accurately measures patients’ vital signs and other measurement/indicators as necessary and records in medical record.
• Coordinates communication of medical information and confirms information with patient when necessary and document per practice. policy and standards
• Assists patients, as necessary, to prepare for physician exam, including providing psycho-emotional support.
• Assists in the collection, labeling and processing specimens timely/accurately.
• Assists physician with procedures including preparation of medication as required/needed.
• Organizes patient flow so physician can move efficiently from one room to the next.
• Provides outbound calls to patients to follow up as directed which may include notifying patients of test results.
• Accurately and completely charts information in the patient medical record.
• May checkout and schedule follow up visits with provider or appropriate staff before patient leaves.
- Receive or initiate patient phone calls.
• Answers phones cordially and professionally in a timely manner.
• May confirm or reiterate patient symptom using patient's own words.
• Arrange for appropriate appointment or forward to RN or provider for review/recommendation.
• Documents all encounters and patient interactions accurately and completely in the electronic medical record.
- Processes physician orders.
• Performs any clinical functions within scope of license as ordered by physician.
• Responds promptly to patient needs and requests.
• Reviews patient charts before the visit to ensure that test results, therapy reports etc. are available.
• Provides appropriate instructions to patient as directed by physician.
- Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks exam rooms.
• Cleans and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
• Ensures that required teaching supplies are restocked and readily available.
• Stocks and supplies exam rooms according to standards and patient needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved LPN program
- Two years clinic LPN experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse MN BON or Licensed Practical Nurse Wisconsin (if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin patients remotely)
- Must meet at least ONE of the requirements below:
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
◦ Current BLS certification from the American Red Cross
◦ Allina in-house BLS training (within 30 days of hire)
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequently