Surgical Technologist First Assist
Number of Job Openings Available:1
Date Posted:November 10, 2023
Department:40005810 Operating Room
Shift:Day/Evening (United States of America)
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:0
Job Summary:Prepares and positions the patient for surgery, assists in visualization of the operating field, performs incision closures and applies wound dressings and other activities as needed under the direction of the physician. Follows Operating Room policies to maintain a safe, efficient and economical environment, delivering timely and quality services to the patient. Also performs pre and post operative activities to facilitate optimal patient care.
Key Position Details:
- Strong orthopedic experience preferred
- Availability to schedule anytime from 7a - 530p
As a Surgical Technologist, you’ll be a vital member of a life-changing, life-saving team. Thanks to you, surgeries will be conducted as safely and successfully as possible. We value your expertise as a Surgical Technologist. Your role on the surgical team contributes to our successful patient outcomes.
- Participates as a surgical team member
- Assists surgeon by helping provide exposure, maintain hemostasis, tie or sew, and other technical functions.
- Actively involved in case planning, scrub and instrument organization.
- Maintains preference cards to help in preparation for cases.
- Handles medications and specimens following policies/procedures.
- Follows aseptic technique standards of practice.
- Uses Operating Room equipment appropriately and safely, including minimally invasive and power equipment.
- Works on decontamination, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments
- Uses polices, procedures, regulatory and other standards when processing instruments.
- Correctly packages and labels all items for sterilization.
- Identifies and packages instrument sets.
- Operates sterilizers and interprets biological controls according to unit guidelines.
- Reports unsafe, malfunctioning equipment to appropriate supervisor.
- Uses critical thinking skills
- Problem solves regarding work flow and OR schedule.
- Prioritizes work within task as assigned by the manager or charge nurse.
- Assesses who needs to know and what level of communication regarding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical Training graduate of accredited Surgical Technologist program required
- 2 to 5 Years Surgical Technologist 2 plus years required
- Certified Surgical Technologist - The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting required with Surgical First Assist certification (CFA) Upon Hire
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Upon Hire
Lifting weight Up to 50 lbs. occasionally, Up to 25 lbs. frequently